Monday, December 8, 2014

I Got a Fairy Godmother

Hello all!

So this has been a pretty exciting week. First I want to tell everyone about my investigator, Alice. I'm not sure what I've told everyone so I'm just going to tell a couple of my favorite stories really quick. She's basically a golden investigator. So so ready for everything. She's getting baptized THIS SUNDAY!! As soon as we told her she jumped up and was so happy! She's been so ready, she just needed to get to a place where she could continually get work off to come to church, and now she has! She's the best. When we taught her about the Word of Wisdom she went and took tea out of her cupboard and asked if it was one that was okay. We looked at it and told her no and she, without hesitation, picked it up and shoved it into the garbage. Sister Ririe and I just stood there staring at her. It was like she was slapping Satan in the face. It was amazing. Another example of how great she is when SHE asked US if she could pay tithing. We hadn't even brought it up yet and she asked because she honestly wanted to pay. Heavenly Father has been preparing her and now she can finally be baptized!! I have honestly never met someone with such a great faith. She can't read so her two sons, who will hopefully have a date soon, read the Book of Mormon to her every night. They're such a great example to me. I just love them so much.

I got to go to Center City a couple of times this week, once on exchanges and today again for PDay. On exchanges I was with Sister Manson (who was in Brett's MTC district - surprise!). She's hilarious. She'll pick up garbage from the ground and send it to other people. We were able to do what's called CookieWednesday. We passed out cookies to all of the people who are working on building the temple. And in return they gave me some of the stone that the temple is being built out of. How cool is that?? On my desk I have temple rock. Holy temple rock. It's beautiful and makes me so happy. I am so beyond lucky that I've been able to spend so much time in the city. Philadelphia is honestly so beautiful. After I received my call I remembered hoping that I could just see the city around Christmas time and that wish was granted. Seeing those buildings and the boathouse row lit up with Christmas lights is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Philadelphia also has this street right in the middle of the city that's lined with flags from every single country in the world. I have been so blessed to be serving in such an amazing place. Heavenly Father is truly looking after me.

So we've had an interesting couple of days. I'm currently in a trio. We have welcomed Sister Cox (who was also in Brett's MTC district) into our companionship. Sister Cox's companion went home this week and since she has her own area that's maybe 40 minutes away and transfers are in about a week and a half we've been working in both areas. So our schedules have been jam packed. I know that Heavenly Father put us together so that Sister Ririe and I could become more organized and better at scheduling for sure appointments. Sister Cox has been a great blessing to us. So I have two trainers! And I'm learning lots!

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know. It's amazing. I'm starting to really see how Heavenly Father uses His missionaries. As I teach these people I know that there's no way that I'd be able to know what they need to hear without the spirit. I know that I'm being guided to what they need. Heavenly Father could do this work on His own, but He's trusted me with the call to share His gospel and while that's a lot of responsibility, I'm so grateful for the chance.

I hope everyone has a good week! :)
Sister Petrick 
P.S. Those pictures are from earlier today but I'm totally going to send another email with some more because I've been slacking! :)
The first is me with Sister Manson and Sister Cox, the second is us with Eddie the Dinosaur. :)
-- 
Sister Rachel Petrick
700 Darby Road #201
Havertown, PA 19083

No comments:

Post a Comment