Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20, 2015

I don't even know how to describe this week. We started with spending the day in Center City Philadelphia last Monday. We saw all the cool historical sites like the liberty bell and we ate Amish pretzels and donuts(basically the best things you will EVER eat) at Reading Terminal Market and we of course we're able to visit the Philadelphia temple site. I cannot express how blessed I have been to be serving so close to the temple site! I've been able to see the work being done and even meet some of the workers. They have all told us about how this is the best job site they've ever worked on and that's because of the special spirit that comes along with the importance of the work that they're doing! The temple is so beautiful and I'm so grateful that I'm here and seeing the excitement that comes along with the temple. It truly is the House of the Lord. :) 
We also had the highest of highs and lowest of lows with our investigators, Martha and Presider.  The first was a lesson where the Spirit was completely gone. None of us felt anything and we were desperately trying to invite the Spirit because we weren't going to teach without it. Presider was called out of the room and we huddled and talked about what promptings were coming and we were all lead to the verse 1 Corinthians 10:13. We shared the verse and immediately the Spirit flooded into the room. Both girls opened up about their deep concerns and we were able to testify that this gospel is the only way to be truly happy and find solutions to our problems and concerns. We were all in tears and we saw the first sparks of true conversion in them. And the next lesson we had with them it was like nothing happened. They didn't feel anything and they both took two huge steps backwards. We left feeling confused and just heart broken. We've talked about them nonstop since then and have felt such a strange confirmation about the next lessons we are planning on teaching, so please keep them in your prayers. 
And one more cool story - I mentioned this a long time ago, but I teach an English class to some of the African women in the ward. Lately we've been trying to think of ways that they can be more incorporated into the ward. So we've been teaching them to sing There is a Green Hill Far Away. At church this week we performed the song in Sacrament meeting with the four cutest African women in the world! It was such a heart warming experience. People were crying and the bishop was at a loss for words and the spirit was so strong! Everybody loved it! I was so proud of them. :) 
All is well here. It's warm and sunny, I love my companions, the church is true, and I love my savior so much. :) I want to invite everyone to pay attention this week and just smile! I made this a goal the last couple weeks and it's done wonders. Specifically I made it a goal to smile when I drive and when I do I'm just automatically so much happier and it's so much easier to wave and say hi to people as I drive and even if you don't want to, smiling just puts you in a great mood. So everyone plan to smile this week. :)
I love you all!
Sister Petrick

No comments:

Post a Comment