Monday, January 11, 2016

January 11, 2016


Good morning!!
I'm still alive and it's another beautiful sunny day in south jersey!
The temperatures are dropping but we still haven't seen any snow, so
there are blessings everywhere! I hope everyone had a great start to
2016 because I know it did! This past week was our transfers and I
got a new companion! Her name is Sister LeFevre and she is from
Tropic, Ut, which I've learned is right next to Bryce Canyon National
Park, which happens to be one of the most beautiful places I've ever
been. She also just came from the ward that neighbors my first area
and so we've been able to talk about a lot of the people that I taught
which has been a little tender mercy. And I really love being with
Sister LeFevre!  She is such wonderful missionary and I love hearing
her testimony. We work really well together. :)
We were able to have a lot of fun experiences together this week. The
first person I want to mention is James. I've met with James a couple
of times and he's a funny guy, and he really believes that there's
more scripture than the bible. So naturally we left him with a Book of
Mormon. So this week we went back to follow up to see if he's read.
When we asked he said "I  read it, I like it, but I just have one
concern. It doesn't mention anything about Jesus Christ." And
immediately I felt the spirit in me tell me he's wrong. The more we
talked to him the more we realized he was coming up with excuses, but
I'm really grateful for the feelings I had at his original comment.
While I do have a testimony of the Book of Mormon, in that moment I so
clearly felt the spirit witness to me that EVERYTHING in the Book of
Mormon is related to Jesus Christ. And as I've read since then I've
been so much more aware everything He is mentioned. I want to testify
that the Book of Mormon is a testament of Jesus Christ, as is says on
the cover, and that we will draw nearer to the Savior as we read,
study, and ponder its teachings.
Another miracle we were a part of was teaching a woman named Lillie.
Lillie requested a bible from us a few weeks ago and this week was the
second time we were able to meet with her. We had previously taught
her about the Book of Mormon and as we talked about her reading when
we saw her she showed us verses she had read that addressed specific
concerns that she had at that time. The spirit was so strong as we
testified to her of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and the
Restoration and invited her to be baptized. And she said yes!! The
first time we met with Lillie we had brought a member of the ward with
us who was able to share her conversion story. Lillie said that after
we left she prayed and felt that her meeting us and hearing this
member's story was God's way of Showing her where she needed to be.
She said that after we had left "her flesh wanted to leave the church
she was attending." As she shared this with us I again felt the spirit
so strongly. Lillie is an incredible example of faith and obedience.
All she wants is to do the will of the father and her example is
teaching me so much. Please keep Lillie in your prayers and she
continues to learn and read the Book of Mormon.
I am just so excited about this next handful of weeks! I have a
feeling that they will be great for us all as we work our hardest to
serve our Heavenly Father. I have come to have such a strong testimony
of this gospel. I know that "there is no other way nor means whereby
salvation can come unto the children of men." I know that the Savior
lives and that his infinite atonement can strengthen us in ways that
we can't even imagine. It's just up to us to let him in.
I love you all! Thank you for all the prayers in my behalf, they're
felt and appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment