Monday, September 7, 2015

"For they became a righteous people; they did lay down the weapons of their rebellion"

It has been quite the week. Transfers came and went and I'm still here in Camden and I'm still in a trio! Sister Van Arsdale and I picked up our new companion Sister Bluemel on Wednesday. Sister Bluemel and I actually came out together! We didn't really know each other but it's been fun to reminisce a little bit about things that have happened in the mission. I've honestly really come to love trios, which is a good thing since I've been in so many.Having a trio makes a lot of parts of missionary work a little bit awkward, but you also learn so much about yourself. I have learned how to compromise and adjust, how to lead, how to be open with what I think(which is pretty miraculous), and most importantly, I'm beginning to recognize more of my strengths and talents and where my testimony is the strongest because of how we plan our lessons so everyone has their part. It's incredible to see the circumstances that Heavenly Father gives us so that we can grow.

The most exciting news from this week is that we found 3 Liberians and 2 Haitians to teach! That's not really the most exciting thing, but I cannot even begin to explain the joy that I felt talking with these beautiful souls. I had a flashback to my days in P1. Finding these new investigators did teach me a great lesson. I learned how important it is to immediately testify as we're sharing our message with the world. Testifying brings a spirit that nothing else can and the spirit is essential in this work. My companions and I have made it a goal to focus on testifying and it really truly has made a difference.

Now the real 'most exciting news' is that this week we were able to bury some weapons of rebellion!! Literally. We dug a hole in the ground. We had erad about the Anti-Nephi-Lehies with one of our investigators and he expressed the need to bury some of his weapons of rebellion. So in our next lesson we brought a shovel! While the action itself was a little bit silly, it did bring a special. powerful spirit. We all were able to write down some of our weapons of rebellion and bury them. There was a definite feeling of triumph and we filled the hole and as we talked together we all felt so motivation and united in our desires to become better. I'll include some pictures as well. :) 

That's really all I have for the week, sorry this email was rushed! I love you all! I love being a missionary! I love my Savior and I'm so grateful that I have this chance to serve him.

Happy Labor Day!

a

No comments:

Post a Comment