Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14, 2015

Hello everyone!
I don't have much time to write this week due to not being able to use the computers but I do have a couple of miracle stories that I want to share. 
First is Kisma. We've been teaching Kisma for a few weeks now. She doesn't hear very well and she has some learning disabilities, but we've just fallen in love with her! She's been coming to our YSA volleyball nights and we've been meeting with her fairly regularly and this week she was finally able to come to church! The member who picked her up said that when she drove up Kisma came right out, dressed modestly in a nice dress holding her Book of Mormon in her hand!   I was able to sit with her during sacrament meeting. We were originally pretty worried that she wouldn't be able to sit still that long but we did such an incredible job! Three were a couple of times that she leaned over to me to ask how much longer we had but ultimately she sat and just loved it all! As she left she told us all that she wants to come back next week! She also told us that her mom finally has agreed to meet us this week so keep them both in your prayers.
And the for the next miracle story: Last week we found a man named Pierre and shared a message with him. His roommate told us to try back when we didn't find him home and so we went with a member to visit him. unfortunately he wasn't home again, but another mane came to the door. This man's name is Jerome. We asked Jerome if we could share a message with him. He agreed and came outside and we shared Because He Lives. At the end of the video he turned to me and said "that was really nice. I like it. It almost made me cry." As he said that I could see the tears beginning in his eyes. We testified of the Savior and his love for Jerome and as we finished he couldn't hold back his tears. He thanked us and asked us to come back! I know that we were led to that home that night so that we could meet Jerome. I'm grateful for my calling and how I'm able to feel the Savior's love for so many of his brothers and sisters. There truly is no greater calling!!
Thank you all for your prayers and your support! And for the early birthday cards I've gotten! :) I love you all! 
---------------------------------
Sister Rachel Petrick

No comments:

Post a Comment