Monday, April 25, 2016

April 25, 2016

Hello everyone!

Thank you to everyone who sent me a letter this week! It really meant so much that so many people kept me in their thoughts and prayers! So thank you!

This week was seriously just a blur. We did have a funny miracle while contacting a media referral. We had called and no one answered but since we were in the area we decided that we would still stop by and see if anyone was home. We walked up to the address and it wasn't a house or apartment, but a corner convenience store. It was a little weird, but we decided to try anyway. We went in and I asked if the man who requested the bible was there. The lady there said no. I introduced us and told her why we were there and how we got the address and she said "Oh! Well you can give the bible to me!" It turns out that just earlier that day she was wishing she had a bible! She also accepted a Book of Mormon, a return appointment and she said she would be coming to church next week! We got back into our car and tried calling the man who actually requested the bible again, this time he answered and gave us the correct address. It was amazing to see how Heavenly Fathers hand truly was there. If we would have gotten ahold of him to confirm his information before going to see him we never would have met Kia! I know that the Lord truly does palace us where he needs us!

This week we also found two new families to teach! One is a total miracle story. They're less actives that just moved here from Washington state. Out of the blue we got a call from them Monday night that basically went like this "Hi, are you the missionaries? ... Okay, I just moved here. Will you come visit me?" And that's literally all we knew. We go and she tells us all about how they were less active back home for a while but wanted to get back to church because their two youngest daughters haven't been baptized and how she knows she needs to be there so she can change her life. It was amazing and I just felt so much love for this woman. Like, I left feeling like we were best friends. We saw them a couple of times this week and they were all at church yesterday! And the plan is to have the baptism for one on my last Sunday here and then the other has her birthday the day after I leave so we're planning a birthday/deathday party. :) This family is already basically like a second family. They're just wonderful. 

I know this gospel is true. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and our exemplar and that He's there to give us strength each and every day. I know that we are doing His work and that He has such great things in store for us. I know that His love and our Father's love is so real and so encompassing. I know that They are there to help as we call upon them. This week I was really able to experience how Heavenly Father sends the Holy Ghost to be our comforter and how the Holy Ghost truly can and will guide our thoughts and words. I know that this is Christ's restored church and that there is no where else that we can find these blessings and promises. I LOVE being a missionary!! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has given me this chance to serve his children in this way.

I love you all!!
---------------------------------
Sister Rachel Petrick

No comments:

Post a Comment