Monday, January 12, 2015

COVENANT WITH THE FATHER, BORN AGAIN HIS SONS AND DAUGHTERS

Note from mom:  I am assuming P1 is referring to the ward.  I know PPM is Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Mission.  Oddly, it took me a while to figure that out!

Hello!

DAVIDSON IS BAPTIZED AND I'M A LITTLE EXCITED. Davidson is really just the best kid ever and his baptism went so well. That day Sister Ririe and I were asked to teach Gospel Principles and Relief Society with less than a day's notice so with that and the baptism, we were a little stressed. But everything was amazing! There were so many people there to support him, our whole district came because they've all fallen in love with him, and it was the most reverent I've ever seen ANY P1 event. His mom was able to come to church for the first time and I have never seen someone so excited to be baptized before. He had a huge grin on his face the entire time and even giggled when he came up out of the water. It was amazing! And one thing about Davidson, even though he's nine, he absolutely understands all that's being ask of him and all that he's promising. The night before we were asking him about African food and he said "I don't eat it every day. Sometimes I have pizza or ice cream or tea..." And we looked up feeling really confused and concerned and he said "GOTCHA!" And did the little finger gun things. This kid. He is just such a good example to everyone around him and has taught me so much. 

Fun fact for everyone, this week I was told that I look like Selena Gomez. I was also told that I look like I'm a Mexican/Puerto Rican mix. That is spot on. 

We also had an AMAZING lesson with a more recent convert. She's been a member for about a year and a half and hasn't been to the temple. She was able to open up to us and said that she's afraid to go because then if she messes up she'd feel like her sins were worse. I was able to bear my testimony of the temple to her and the spirit was so strong as we helped her. We helped her realize that along with making more promises, she's also receiving more protection. She said that she's going to begin working toward the temple again and asked if I'd be able to go with her! She's already taken all of the prep courses, so depending on how long I'm in this area and when she's ready, I'll be able to go! I sure do love the temple and I'm so grateful for how much Heavenly Father loves us. :)

I love The PPM. I love Philly. I love Havertown. I love being a missionary. :)

So much love,
Sister Rachel Petrick
-- 
Sister Rachel Petrick
700 Darby Road #201
Havertown, PA 19083

No comments:

Post a Comment