Monday, January 19, 2015

The time I ended up at the airport in my pajamas...

Hello all!

So this week church was extra crazy. It was supposed to be Ward Conference so we had a HUGE African feast planned for our stake guests. Because of bad weather conditions (The Utahn in me is using the word "bad" very loosely. It was a rain storm. No biggie.) Ward Conference was cancelled Sunday morning. So church was kind of thrown together. But it really was so great! The Ward Council all bore their testimonies during Sacrament, and Davidson was confirmed! After sitting back down he turned to me and said "You're still going to come visit me even though I'm member, right?" It was the sweetest thing! So cute. Second hour was fine, and the third hour of church ended up being our African feast. Watching all of the white people eat the African food was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen! (I realize that coming from me that comment does not mean a lot) I just love this ward so much!

And it was kind of a slower week so I only have one more story to tell. On Wednesday night we got a call from our Mission President. He told us that there was a Sister Missionary stranded at the Philly Airport. She had finished her mission in Reichman(?) Virginia and was on her way home. But her first flight was majorly delayed so she missed her second flight and was stuck in Philly. So we went and picked her up, which was an adventure in itself. It ended up being such a tender mercy though! We cancelled the appointment we had with a member that night to go and get her and since we had time after picking her up we stopped by an investigator whose heart had hardened majorly. We were able to teach her and it was the first time in a long time that she's been receptive to our message! It was amazing! So Sister Clonts spent the night in our apartment and we dropped her off at the airport at 5am the next morning. We didn't want to get dressed that early so Sister Ririe and I put skirts and jackets on over our pajamas and just went out like that. Hahahahah. It was crazy. We got back to our apartment before it was even time to wake up.

The church is so true! And I'm so grateful to be out here sharing the good news of the restored gospel! I love you all! I would like to make a request - no one sends me pictures! I miss seeing all of your beautiful faces! So, send me pictures please! :)

I hope everyone has a good week!
Love,
Sister Rachel Petrick

-- 
Sister Rachel Petrick
700 Darby Road #201
Havertown, PA 19083

No comments:

Post a Comment