Monday, January 26, 2015

The church is SO true!

Dearest friends and family, 

This week I am just so grateful for how this gospel blesses families. I talked about Alice being baptized a little over a month ago. Yesterday two of her sons, Emmanuel and Kelvin, entered the waters of baptism. Teaching this family has been such a blessing to me. I've been able to see how this gospel has blessed this family and has changed their lives. Alice was able to get work off through fasting. When their car broke down the day of Alice's baptism Kelvin was able to pray and say "Heavenly Father, if my mom is supposed to be baptized, then let us get to church and back safely." and the car worked perfectly! And I think the sweetest of all, I was able to be there when Emmanuel struggled as his mom and brother knew the church was true when he didn't. I was there as he prayed each and every night and I saw the change happen in him the day that he ran upstairs and with a huge grin on his face said "I got my answer." And I got to see all three of them be baptized!! And the best part is, they were telling their cousins about the gospel and telling them that they should be baptized so that their sins could be washed away and so they could make promises with God. They know. They know they made the right choice and they know that they're coming closer to Christ because of it and I'm so grateful for their example. The church is so true!! We're snowed in today and can't go to the library, but I'll send pictures of them next week. :)

This week was a good one! We were dropped by a super solid investigator(one who actually lived in our area), which was rough, but he'll get there one day. Keep him in your prayers. :) We found three new investigators that are all rock stars!! They're just not for us...hahah. They live in the areas of other missionaries. One is a YSA and the other two were at our investigator's house when we met and taught them but they'd be in the other ward, but that's okay! They're awesome and we even invited two of them to be baptized so work is getting done!  

I've had a lot of moments this week where I just looked around as we were driving or walking and I thought "I'm across the country in Pennsylvania. I'm serving a mission right now." I'm still sometimes just so amazed that I'm so lucky. I remember all of senior year I told everyone that I wasn't serving a mission, I just didn't think it was for me, but now I can't imagine doing anything different. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father knows what I need better than I do and that He gave me the experiences that I needed to help me choose to serve. I have not once regretted this choice. I've already grown closer to my Savior than I knew was possible, and I have learned so much in these three short months. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the one true church on the earth today and I know that Heavenly Father restored this church through Joseph Smith and that he translated the Book of Mormon. I LOVE the Book of Mormon and I'm so grateful that I've developed the habit of reading it everyday. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and I sometimes still can't believe that I'm lucky enough to share that message with those around me. We ALL get to share that message! We have been given such an amazing gift and I wish I had learned to love sharing it much earlier in my life.

Thank you for all the love, support, and prayers. They mean more than I could ever express. :)
Much love,
Kwetta
(Because that's my African name)

No comments:

Post a Comment