Monday, February 9, 2015

Hello (she is really slacking in the fun subject line department)


Note from Mom:  She has mentioned she would love getting actual letters in the mail.  I am guilty of doing emails because they are quick and easy.  Here address is always at the bottom of the post.  She didn't give an explanation for the pictures.

Hello all!!

This week has definitely been a good one, but I don't have as much to report so this will be a bit shorter than normal. As I mentioned last week I was being put into a trio again, this time for the whole transfer. my new companion's name is Sister Reed, she's from Clearfield, Utah. We've already had a Harry Potter nerd moment together and have planned us reenacting Friends, so yeah, we're going to get along just fine. :)

We've seen a couple of really cool miracles this week! We've had a lot of problems with teaching in our area. Our specific area. We teach a ton in the Elders' areas. But we've been praying to find people in our area. So we decided to stop by a woman who is sort of a potential, but we know that she has no interest in taking lessons. She just loves the missionaries so we stay in contact. She prayed for us to be able to find those who are ready to receive our message. That day we found three new super solid people who we're going to try again tomorrow. We gave our two copies of the Book of Mormon and I KNOW that it's because Kathy prayed and asked for that specific blessing for us. Prayer is so powerful. I know that when we ask specific questions we'll receive specific answers.

Another fun quick story - we started talking to a woman on the street and gave her a Book of Mormon and told her a little bit about it. We drove past her a few minutes after and she had sat down and started to read! It was the best!

Also - I have a facebook now. I can be friends with you all, I just decided that I'm not going to use my facebook time to add everyone. But anyone can add me! It's SisterRachel Petrick. :)

I want to share my testimony with the Book of Mormon with you all. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I know that it was saved specifically for our day, and that every word is important.  Reading the Book of Mormon adds such a powerful strength to my day. I've seen this book change lives and it has truly changed mine. If it's not already, I encourage everyone to make reading the Book of Mormon a daily necessity. I LOVE the Book of Mormon and I know that by reading it you're learning exactly what Jesus Christ would share with you if He was standing by your side.

I love you all so much!

Sister Petrick
I am assuming it is African

Miss that Smile!





-- 
Sister Rachel Petrick
700 Darby Road #201
Havertown, PA 19083

No comments:

Post a Comment