Monday, March 28, 2016

death is conquered; man is free. Christ has won the victory.

Hello everyone and Happy Easter!


I hope everyone was able to have a beautiful Easter! Mine was so wonderful! My whole week has been great! We started our week with a specialized training from my mission president. He and his wife and the assistants came to our zone and we talked about so many things that have really helped me with my missionary work and with my testimony. Something that was perfect for this Easter week, President Anderson had us all focus on the Plan of a Salvation and teaching it simply but powerfully. Simply put the plan of salvation is that "through the atonement of Christ all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel." It's the plan that a God created for us all to be able to become like him and find joy. As I studied about the resurrection this week I came to know with even more clarity that the plan of salvation, and specifically the miraculous resurrection of the Savior, enables us "to become perfect...even as our a Father in Heaven is perfect." 3Nephi12:48

Our prayers and our efforts paid off this week because we were able to meet a new family of six to teach! We met the mom, Andie, because she was the nurse for a man in the ward. He spoke to her about the gospel and gave us her name and number and this week we met her and her family! As we met in their home and from the moment that they opened the door I felt so much love for them! We shared with them the Easter initiative #Hallelujah and told them briefly about church and about the restoration and they were excited to invite us back! We just know that this family has so much potential, please keep them in your prayers!

It was also a bit of a hard week for the Morrisville ward. A dear member, Sister Agnes Lee, unexpectedly passed away and the memorial services were held on Saturday. The spirit at the service was so strong. One of the most powerful moments was when the choir sang one of Sister Aggie's favorite songs, I Am a Child of God. The words of this song really stuck with me, especially the last verse that says:

I am a child of God
His promises are sure
Celestial glory shall be mine
If I can but endure

I was able to spend some very sweet moments with Sister Aggie and I was always so touched by her example of endurance. No matter what challenges come her way, no matter what temptations she faced, she endured. And as he favorite song teaches, promises of celestial glory and sure for those who endure. I can't say how grateful I am to have known her. I know without a doubt that she is happy. One of her top priorities was to be at the dedication of the Philadelphia temple. I know that Heavenly Father is providing her with that wish in a way far greater than she ever imagined. 

I'm so grateful for all of you and for the prayers I know are being offered in my behalf!
I love you all

Sister Rachel Petrick





No comments:

Post a Comment