Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't written in a couple of weeks. We've been pressed for time the last couple of pdays, but I'm still here! The last couple of weeks have been pretty eventful. I've been able to go on a couple of exchanges, I trained at a big missionary meeting, and we have been seeing so many miracles! 

The first thing I want to mention is the exchange I went on with Sister Warnock. Sister Warnock is an incredible missionary! And she's from Taylorsville! She taught me so much about humility and diligence while we were together. The area that she is in hasn't been very busy for a few years. So we had finding planned for the whole day. I'm not a huge fan of tracting, but I put on a happy face and immediately Heavenly Father chastised me. The first door we knocked on was the house of a sweet older man who had just decided that he wanted to get back into church and reading the bible! We told him about the Book of Mormon and invited him to church and he agreed and was so excited to visit and have the missionaries back! As we went throughout the day we had multiple people invite us in to hear messages and I know that it is because of Sister Warnock's faith and diligence. 

Another miracle came as my companion and I were contacting a referral in our area, her name is Claudia. She has requested a bible which we delivered a few weeks ago with a Book of Mormon and we went back to follow up and see if she read. She first apologized because she hadn't read any of the bible, but then showed us that she had been reading pretty far into the Book of Mormon! She had questions about Joseph Smith and by the end of her lesson her sister had also come in and we left her with a Book of Mormon as well and they committed to come to church! I really enjoyed this lesson because I could see the wheels turning in both of their minds. They easily accepted all that happened with Joseph Smith and they both had the desire to have us back to learn more. We had a member with us and as we left the appointment this member said "they've been searching. And now they've found it." I am so excited to continue teaching these two. :) 

I've focused a lot this week on the role of the prophet and on being fully converted. In his conference address President Nelson warned us that "Attacks against the Church, its doctrine, and our way of life are going to increase." We've all seen that just this last week. More than ever before we have to strengthen ourselves and our families and make sure we are firmly rooted in the gospel. These are trying times, but we have been given a prophet hand picked by our Heavenly Father and all of the other apostles to make sure we know what Heavenly Father expects of us. Their role is to warn us. And guide us in righteousness so that we will be worthy to return into our Father's presence once more. They can be compared to soldiers standing in a watchtower overlooking the battlefield. We don't see or understand everything. In fact, we understand very little. But we have these leaders, standing on opt he watch towers, who give us direction of what our Father needs us to do. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is the chosen prophet today and that he and  his counsellors and the members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles are called to be prophets, seers, and revelators for this day. I know that as we follow their guidance and counsel we will be protected. And I take comfort in the promise written in James 1:5 "If any of ye lack wisdom, let him as of a God, that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." Heavenly Father doesn't want us to be left in the dark. As we turn to him in prayer he will guide us where we need to go, and as we as him to confirm the callings of these great men chosen to be our leaders I know that he will do so. I would like to encourage and invite you all to pray or pray again and ask Heavenly Father if Thomas S Monson is a prophet! I know that that truth will be confirmed.

I honestly love this work so much! I'm so grateful to be a missionary and I'm grateful to be spreading the good news that we do have a prophet on the earth today! I know that the Savior loves each of us so much and that He lives and guides us today!

I love you all! I pray for you often! Let me know of any exciting news that has happened in the last few weeks since I've been bad with emailing. :)

Love,

---------------------------------

Sister Rachel Petrick

No comments:

Post a Comment