Monday, November 30, 2015

November 30, 2015

Hello everyone!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving! I for one loved
reflecting on all of the incredible blessings that I have been given.
This week my gratitude for the gospel seemed to be magnified ten
fold!! My companion and I were constantly making the comment "I'm so
grateful that we have the gospel." I know that as we have faith,
repent, make and renew our baptismal covenants, follow the promptings
and live worthy of the Holy Ghost and as we continue down the path
that leads us to the celestial kingdom we will be so happy. We will be
more than happy, we will find so much joy! :) I'm so grateful to be a
member of Christ's fully restored church and to have parents who
raised me according to the standards and doctrine.

Some of my very favorite moments this week came from the service we
were able to offer to those around us. Along with receiving other hard
news, a member of our ward, Kelly, heard short notice that she had to
move out of her house. She didn't have much warning and she didn't
have anywhere to go or much help to get everything out. We were able
to help take some of that weight off of her shoulders by helping her
move and pack and her gratitude just warmed my heart. Another act of
service we were able to take part in was helping a recent convert,
Vaughnie, with her house. She recently had basically her whole home
thrown into disarray without her knowing what was happening and it's
been hard on her. Things have finally settled down and this week we
helped her with moving furniture, doing housework, and we set up her
Christmas decorations! I just love these two women so much and can
testify that serving others is the fastest way to love them!

As many of you probably know, the new Christmas initiate was released
yesterday!! We have already been running around showing it to everyone
we can! We had a fun experience yesterday as I noticed a group of men
about my age standing off the side to the road. I parked the car and
jumped out before my companion knew what I was doing and asked them if
they wanted to watch the video. At the end of the video all four of
them expressed how nice it was and they all invited us back to share
the gospel with them! I love the Christmas season. It's the best time
to be a missionary because everyone's heart is soften as they think of
the Savior. It is the best time of year. As President Monson so
beautiful declares "True love is a reflection of the Savior's love. In
December of each year we call it the Christmas spirit. You can hear
it. You can see it. You can feel." I want to invite everyone to
reflect on how you can better make Christ the center of your Christmas
season and act on the promptings you receive! I promise that it will
bring so much peace of heart and utter joy.

I wanted to share a portion of a testimony that really touched me in
our meeting yesterday. A woman who just went to the temple for the
first time bore her testimony. She said "I have a testimony that I am
amazing. I am amazing because I have a Heavenly Father who loves me
and thinks I'm wonderful and significant and worthy of his love. I so
often feel like I am none of those things, but Heavenly Father reminds
me time and time again of His love. And I know that I'm amazing. And I
know that you're amazing too."  I, too, know that you are all amazing!
And I love you all!

And I have a request!! Please add me to the list for who you send your
Christmas cards to. :)

2424 Shamrock Ln
Millville, NJ 08332

No comments:

Post a Comment