Monday, November 23, 2015

November 23, 2015

Hello everyone!

It's been a good week here in south jersey. I forgot to mention last week, but this week is transfers. My companion and I are staying together six weeks! She will be going home at the end of the six weeks so lots of exciting things will be happening this transfer. :) 

If you didn't get my address last time, here it is:

2424 Shamrock Lane

Millville, NJ. 08332.

Feel free to send me as many letters as you want. :)

This week went by super quickly so I feel like I don't have too many stories to share, but I do have one really exciting one! We taught our investigator Claudia, I wrote a little bit about her last week. In our lesson we started by talking about the Book of Mormon, she's had in a couple of weeks and she's made it to 2 Nephi! She told us that she feels like God is wanting her to read it and so she studies a little bit every day. She even searched for it on her phone and downloaded it on to her iBooks because she said she always wanted it with her, just in case. We then taught her the Plan of Salvation by reading scriptures from the Book of Mormon with her. We testified that Heavenly Father wants her to be with her family forever and that it's by living the things taught in the Book of Mormon that will make that possible. She accepted the invitation to be baptized and we set the date of January 10th, so keep Claudia in your prayers. :) She was also able to come to church this Sunday and she brought her whole family with her! They filled a whole row! It was so exciting! 

Ive been thinking a lot this week about what someone might think their first time attending our church and it's been an interesting experience. I thought about talks I had given and whether or not I went out of my way to talk to new people at church and I really reflected on whether someone would know what we believe by what I do and say. We are The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Jesus Christ is the head. We teach His doctrine. Everything needs to connect back to Him and the Restoration of His gospel. I'm grateful for the good examples 

of those who are in the Vineland Ward because I know that some talks I've given have lacked the focus that it should have had on the Savior. I know that this is His church and I, as well as all the members of the church, are a part of His great work. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that we can all become clean and renewed and strengthened by His atonement. I know that the fullness of His gospel and the Priesthood power was restored to the earth though Joseph Smith. I'm grateful for this time of year when I'm able to reflect on all that I have to be grateful for and for all the blessings that I have been given. 

Thank you all for all the love and support! I am so so grateful for each one of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment