Monday, February 8, 2016

"if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness"

Hello! :)

If I could describe this week in one work it would be HECTIC. We were
constantly running from one place to another and I loved every second
of it! It was a strange week because Sister LeFevre and I were out of
our area for 2 1/2 days while we were with some of the other sisters
around us. Tuesday evening we got to go up to Medford, New Jersey, for
a really fun exchange! I was with Sister Roberts and we had a day full
of teaching! She taught me great lessons about having short, powerful
lessons and about seeking out ANYONE and EVERYONE to talk to! One
experience I want to share is meeting a woman named Dawn. Dawn was
meeting with the missionaries in Medford when I first came to this
area and due to a sad series of events she decided to stop. The
sisters were always hesitant to go back and see her but today Sister
Roberts really felt like that is where we needed to be. When we got to
her house there was no answer at her door so we decided to leave a
note. As sister Roberts was writing the note a woman stopped a little
ways away from the door and started staring at her so I waved and it
turns out it was Dawn! And to make this story even more exciting, For
a couple of weeks Dawn had been praying for the missionaries and
praying for the courage to go back to church because she was so
scared! This experience really taught me that Heavenly Father will use
us to help other people of we listen to the promptings of the spirit.
I know that it was no coincidence that we showed up that day to see
Dawn. She needed us, and Heavenly Father used us to answer her prayer.

The next day we had exchanges in Cherry Hill and o got to be with
Sister Nutting! Sister Nutting has a great talent of being anxiously
engaged but completely laid back at the same time. I really admired
that about her. She taught me so much about relating the scriptures to
those who we see. Any time someone asked us a question she first
turned to her scriptures. I know that the scriptures, specifically the
Book of Mormon, hold the answers that we're looking for and I promise
that a we pray and ask for guidance our Heavenly Father will lead us
to those answers.

Another highlight of the week was once again seeing Lillie! Lillie is
recovering so well! When we were with her she pushed her walker aside
and walked back and forth in her front room all by herself! She also
showed us her Book of Mormon and not only is she reading, but she had
colored tabs, different colored highlights, she had underlined and
circled cross references in the footnotes, she is really diving in to
her scriptures! And she is progressing so well and is so excited for
when she can walk and move well enough to come to church. Please
continue to keep her in your prayers. :)

And in other exciting news, for the last couple of weeks we've been
part of the ward choir! I just have to say that this choir has been
such a tender mercy for me. :) I have so badly missed singing in a
choir and the Easter songs that we've been practicing have really
helped me stay focused on the Savior and all that he's done for me. I
know the the Savior lives! I know that he lived and died so that I
might be able to return and live with my Heavenly Father some day. I'm
so grateful for his sacrifice and I know that this is His work.

This week we get our transfer calls! I'll let everyone know what
happens next week, but just in case, use this address if you send me
anything this week:

721 Paxon Hollow Rd. Ste.B
Broomall, PA. 19008


I love you all!
Sister Rachel Petrick
Here's a picture from month's zone training. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment