Monday, February 1, 2016

"whatsoever thing he shall ask in faith, believing ye shall receive, ye shall receive it"

Hello everyone!

Happy February!! :) This week was one of those weeks where I feel like
so much happened but at the same time like nothing did. A lot of
people were sick this week so we had to get creative with our time. :)

My first fun story comes from going on exchanges! We were up in
Sewell, NJ for a day. We've been trying to really help these sisters
because the work in their area has been slow lately. That morning I
said a prayer asking Heavenly Father that I would be able to do
something to help these sisters see that there is success in their
area. One thing my mission president has stressed is that "there's no
such thing as a dead area" and I was determined to help the sister I
was with see that! At first nothing we tried seemed to be successful
and I could tell the sister I was with was having a hard time. I
noticed a cute older couple sitting down the hall from where we were
and I ran over and started talking with them. Soon enough they were
asking about our church and we were telling them about the sacrament
and the restoration! They were both so excited to learn more and to
read a Book of Mormon! As we walked away I was so grateful to know
that Heavenly Father answered my prayer. I still get so nervous going
out of my way to talk to new people but Heavenly Father truly helped
me be courageous enough to open my mouth and I know that He can do the
same for all of you. :)

This week we were also able to meet a new man named Vincent. We've
taught Vincent's wife a couple of times and we finally got to teach
him! Is church is actually closing and he's looking for a new place to
go. We told him about our church and gave him a brief overview of the
restoration and he looked so excited! It's amazing to see how the
simple truths of the restoration truly do touch the heart. We, again,
just have to open our mouths and be ready and excited to share this
message!

I read a scripture this week that really hit me and I wanted to share
it with all of you. :) It's Romans 8:38-39. " For I am persuaded, that
neither death, nor life, nor Angels, nor principalities, nor powers,
nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any
other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God,
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." HOW AMAZING IS THAT?!? There is
NOTHING that can separate us from the love of God. No matter how hard
things get, no matter how many mistakes we make, our Heavenly Father
still loves us just the same. I know that that's true. And I'm so
grateful for that knowledge. :)

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Rachel Petrick
#TheChurchIsTrue

Our cute family picture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment