Monday, March 9, 2015

Hello!

Hello everyone!!

This week was a bit of a slower week. We had a snow day and both of my companions got sick this week so we spent a lot of time inside. I was going a little bit crazy with all the time we were spending inside, but it all worked out. Everyone is healthy and happy and we were able to see miracles!

The main miracle I wanted to mention happened last night. We had stopped by the house of a member who we haven't seen in a long time, but she wasn't home. So we stayed and visited with her family. As we were leaving the house one of my companions felt like we needed to walk up the street. We don't know anyone else in this part of the city because it's the Elders' area, but we decided to do it. As we were walking a couple of men rushed past us. We said hello but they just hurried away. We walked up and around the corner and didn't see anyone around so we decided to go back to the car. As we were walking back one of the men came out of his house and called to us. We went up and said hello and he asked who we were and what we wanted. We started telling him that we were missionaries and we were talking about what we do when we realized that he didn't speak very good English at all. He wasn't understanding a lot. So we told him that we taught people about Jesus and his face completely lit up. He got so excited! He said that he loves Jesus and wanted us to come and teach him and his brothers. We gave him the number for the Spanish missionaries and got his information. As we were saying goodbye he said "I didn't know who you were, but when I saw you I felt good. I'm glad you walked by again." We had no idea why we felt prompted to walk up this street, but as we said goodbye to this man I knew that it was for this man. We didn't even say anything and he knew that he wanted to talk to us. He didn't know why, but I know that the Holy Ghost was nudging him to call out to us.

Moments like these make me so happy and grateful to be serving a mission. Every day I try so hard to listen to the things that the Spirit is directing me to do, and that can be really hard. I'm up in my head a lot and I over think things and don't always notice when the Spirit is talking to me but Heavenly Father knows that. And He knows that I'm trying. I know that when we're trying to do the things that the Spirit tells us then Heavenly Father will lead us to the people who He needs us to meet. He will put them in our paths as long as we're trying our hardest to do His work.

I get transfer calls later this week so I will let you all know what's happening next Monday. I love and miss you all so much. Thank you for all of your support, it means so much! :)

Love,
Sister Rachel Petrick

No comments:

Post a Comment