Monday, March 23, 2015

I ate a Philly Cheesesteak!

Hello!

Friends and family, brothers and sisters, ladies and gentlemen, I am so happy to share with you all the exciting news that I had my very first Philly Cheesesteak this week. And it was incredible. My mouth was so happy. :)

But in all seriousness, this was an incredible week! We didn't teach quite as much because I had extra meetings because I was called to train a brand new missionary! We picked Sister Shaffer up on Wednesday and she is awesome! She's so excited about the work and is really such a great example to me. And lucky me, I'm now the senior companion and the designated driver. I get to drive in Philly! It's seriously so stressful but I love it. Everyone drives crazy so if I do something dumb I just fit right in. It's awesome! I'll definitely be bringing some new driving habits back to Utah.

Crazy cool story time: does everyone remember my last McDonald's story? The one where we were getting yelled at and we compared it to Abinadi? Good. So. One of our Sister Training Leaders met this guy named Eric when she was going to the temple. He came up to talk to her
because he recognized the badge. This man was part of the family who was sitting near us when the angry man was yelling. He told her how impressed he was with us and especially Sister Reed and said that he would go and visit the Philly Temple site soon! It's not very often that you get to see the outcome of the stands that you take, but this time we were able to recognize our Alma. :)

We also just had some amazing changes to our ward. We had a new bishopric called last week and we have a new Ward Mission Leader. This is a man who I've really looked up to since I first got here and I'm really looking forward to working with him more. We had dinner with
him and his family last night and we were able to talk a lot about how the missionary work in P1 will be moving forward and I'm extremely excited about all of the changes being made. We're going to reevaluate our priorities and work on retaining and strengthening members. The idea is that we cause a ripple effect throughout the ward. We strengthen our testimonies and then the unity and Spirit found in the home and from there we'll identify ways that the ward members, as families, can branch out to help those inactive members in the community. I know that the Lord is hastening His work. I look at the work going on in this ward and I know that Heavenly Father has His hand in all that is being done. Serving here and with all of these amazing people I've come to know so strongly that Heavenly Father knows and loves each and every one of His children. As it says in Alma 27:37 He is mindful of each and every one of you. He knows you by name. He knows your trials and your weaknesses and He knows what you need and exactly how to help you.


I love you all so much!
Sister Petrick
Sister Reed, Sister Shaffer, Sister Petrick



No comments:

Post a Comment